Note that you are a mature and independent learner, on the basis of that you should observe the following Do’s and Don’ts as doing so will enhance your stay at the Institute and also protect you from fraudulent imposters.
- Improve on your Computer literacy because you are an Open Distance Learner and should be able to do things on your own using the Internet.
- Do not give your password out to anybody to assist you in your registrations or other academic activities; endeavour to do your activities yourself.
- Avoid the use of cybercafé in doing your registrations and checking your results if you can, because your vital information may be compromised and used against you by the so called person who is helping you.
- If asked to pay any money to any individual or into any account, kindly confirm from the Institute before you pay such money.
- Always speak out if you are unjustly treated or harassed by anybody, whoever it may be. Do not die in silence.
- Create time for your academic activities, no matter how tight your schedules are, because anything worth doing at all is worth doing well.
- Consult your Course Advisers any time you are in doubt of any information, because relying on your fellow students always for information may be misleading.
- Report any perceived dubious activities to the Institute through your Course Adviser.
- Feel free to consult the Counsellors and ask any question; no question is stupid or inappropriate.