- B.Sc. in ACCOUNTING Duration (5 Years)
- B.Sc. in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (5 Years)
- B.Sc. in ECONOMICS (5 Years)
- B.Sc. in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (5 Years).
- B.Sc. in SCIENCE EDUCATION (5 or 6 Years)
- (a) B.Sc. in Education/Biology (5 or 6 Years)
- (b) B.Sc. in Education/Chemistry (5 or 6 Years)
- (c) B.Sc. in Education/ Physics (5 or 6 Years)
- (d) B.Sc. in Education/Mathematics (5 or 6 Years)
DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES Duration: (2 Years)
- Diploma in Mass Communication
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
GENERAL ADMISSION INFORMATION
- Offers of admission to programmes listed above are subject to viable number of qualified applicants.
- On-Line print Out Slips of results will not be honoured at the point of registration.
- Candidates awaiting results need not apply.
- Certificates and not statement of result slips are acceptable for WASC/SSCE/GCE/NECO results obtained before 2007.
- All completed application forms are to be submitted on or before the specifield closing date.
- Candidates should be on the look out for the date and details of a selection test
General Admission Requirements
- Candidates seeking admission to DLI need not take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or Entrance Examination.
Selection instruments such as the UTME and entrance examination will be replaced with on-line and personal interactions with a view to determining individual candidate’s learning needs and potentials.
- Candidates must meet the minimum entry requirements of Five (5) credits in SSCE/GCE/ NECO O’Level, including English Language and Mathematics, taken at not more than two sittings. Candidates who do not possess the minimum SSCE/ GCE O’Level entry requirement will be given the opportunity to register for the Institute’s Bridge Programme. The Bridge Programme, is meant to prepare the candidates to take and pass their O’Level in order to meet the minimum requirements before being allowed to proceed to their chosen degree programmes.
- There is no age limit for any prospective student.
- Admission is open to candidates throughout the year.
- Candidates are required to possess basic ICT skills in order to excel in the ODL mode.
- Candidates offered provisional admission will be required to:
- submit their credentials for revalidation
- go through an orientation course on ODL culture
- submit themselves to capturing of their biometrics
- Admission process is done strictly on line.
Admission Requirements to Year 1
Candidates seeking admission to Year 1 should possess one of the following:
- Five credits in the SSCE/GCE/NECO O’Level, including English Language and Mathematics,and any three other subjects relevant to the cognate area taken in not more than two sittings.
- Five merits in the NABTEB/TC II in relevant subjects.
Admission Requirements to Year 2
Candidates seeking admission to Year 2 should possess one of the following:
- The National Certificate of Education (NCE) with at least Merit grades in two relevant teaching subjects.
- The National Diploma (ND) in relevant fields with a minimum of lower credit.
- The Joint University Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) certificate with at least credit grades in relevant subjects.
- GCE A’Level with at least credit grades in three relevant subjects.
- The Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant fields with a minimum of lower credit (for Education Science only)
Admission Requirements to Year 3
Candidates seeking admission to Year 3 in relevant programme should possess at least one of the following:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant fields with a minimum overallgrade of lower credit.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass Class in relevant discipline obtained from a recognized university.
- Recognized professional qualifications such as ACA, ACMA, ACIA, ACIS, ACIB, etc.
- Candidates seeking admission to Years 2 and 3 must in addition possess the minimum O’Level requirements